1 ½ tsp Pure maple syrup
½ Lemon juiced
1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Tahini
1 tbsp Fresh ginger, peeled or grated
1 cup Brown rice, cooked
3 Nori sheets
1) Whisk together all the ingredients for the sushi dressing until well combined.
2) Mix the cooked rice and the dressing in a large bowl, blending until the rice becomes sticky. Cover the bowl and let the rice sit to absorb the flavors.
3) To assemble, wet your hands and lay the 3 nori sheets on a work surface.
4) Spread the seasoned rice evenly over 3/4 of each sheet.
5) Arrange fillings of your choice (see suggestions below) lengthways along the rice and roll each sheet, starting from an end that has been spread with rice and finishing with the end of the nori that was left unfilled. Use a little water if necessary to seal the seam.
6) Place the rolls, seam-side down, on a clean work surface and cut each roll into 12 pieces.
Ideas for fillings
• 5 to 10 pieces of roasted pumpkin, cut into 2cm x 10cm strips
• 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced into lengths
• 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into fine julienne
• 1 handful baby spinach
• 1 handful alfalfa sprouts
• 1 avocado, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
• Sliced egg omelette (whisk 2 eggs and cook in a pan with a little melted coconut oil and slice lengthways when cooled)
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1 Yellow capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
• 4 cos lettuce leaves
• 10 snow peas, julienned