• 1 bunch of parsley (roughly 2 cups once stems are picked)
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup brazil nuts (or almonds/walnuts/pine nuts)
• 1 tsp coarse salt
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 2 cups, farro, rinsed and drained well
• 6 cups water
• 2 cups spinach
• 1 can (540 mL/19 fl oz) white kidney/cannellini beans
• 1/3 cup parsley pesto
• Pepper and salt to taste
• 1/2 lemon juiced
1. To make the parsley pesto, in a food processor, combine parsley, olive oil, nuts, salt, garlic, nutritional yeast and lemon juice and process until uniform in texture and the parsley has been completely chopped into small bits.
2. Cook farro in 6 cups of water over medium heat. Cover and stir occasionally to check texture. Once cooked through (the ends will have popped a bit and they'll be tender and chewy), add the spinach and cook until wilted. Drain and rinse with cold water and drain.
3. To make the salad, toss farro, spinach, beans, and parsley pesto until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle lemon juice on top to serve!