• ¼ cup creamy, natural peanut butter
• 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari, more to taste
• 1 ½ teaspoons rice vinegar or fresh lime juice, more to taste
• ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
• ½ to 1 teaspoon sriracha
Noodles & veggies:
• 1 x package of soba noodles (or pasta, or rice noodles)
• Shiitake mushrooms
• Red peppers
• Chopped scallions
• Sesame seeds
• Crushed peanuts
In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for your peanut sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, add more tamari if it's not salty enough, add more rice vinegar or lime juice for more tang.
Cook noodles until al dente.
Heat a skillet to medium, add a little oil. Add the mushrooms & eggplant and let cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms become soft. Add the red pepper and scallions and cook for a few minutes more. Add a splash of soy sauce if you wish.
Toss noodles with as much of the peanut sauce as you like. Add veggies and season to taste.
Top with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Serve warm or cold.